Saturday 22 September 2012

the antithesis of a Poet [!]


antithesis of a Poet

Let my words speak for themselves:
Bold, Crunchy, Smooth, Rough
Like peanut-butter on bread
Spread it on. Thick.
Take a bite. Eat.
Be enlightened.
Grow.

Let my words speak for themselves
For if you look at me you may not relate
For you will find:
No afro hair,
No emancipative stare,
No slogan tee,
No cause to free-
Just me

Relatively speaking, I am not what you see
I am what I speak
Having the power of life and death on my taste-buds
I choose Life
And boy… is it sweet!

Let my words speak for themselves
For they have life,
And can give life;
If you will receive LIFE

Let my words speak for themselves
For maybe within them you may recognize:
Footsteps heard in shoes you once wore
The taste of an-almost love that knocked at your door
Fears of the future, concealed in your past
Dying for truth;
Living for lies in contrast to:
Hope

Let my words speak for themselves;
For, I am the antithesis of a Poet
Here you will see:
No poetry slams, no hip-hop jams
No feminist fads or political jabs
No mentality of race, but a desire for space





To


                                                                                              just 



be

                                                     Me.


I couldn’t colour outside the lines ‘cos I didn’t even have a pencil
When I stopped to ask for directions, teacher’s just handed me a stencil
But, I knew I was born “break the mould”

I Love Life
But I’m not sold
Cos’ I was bought with a price
And it’s so nice
To finally be free,
Basking in my True Identity
Found only in Him who has gone before me,
Loves me; adores me
Constantly assures me
That I am made in the image of ONE- who is three
The perfect design of a spiritual being
Beautiful, adorable- altogether irreplaceable
Born to love and to be loved; my heart- unshakeable
In passion, alive with fire and mystery
Designed to show forth the praises of The Holy Trinity
To testify of the wonders of His grace and glory
To speak Fire and Life; to share my story…

Let my words speak for themselves
For I am the antithesis of a poet,
I am conduit

“He who believes in me as the Scripture has said: ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.‘” John 7:38



Until then...

Keep becoming His best.

© 2012 Allison Pillay





No comments:

Post a Comment