Thursday 30 August 2012

The Princess Diaries


My Dear Friends,

Call me a Princess, but part of me can't wait to get to heaven just to try on my gown and dress. Yes, I dream of a full on Disney sequence, in HD colour and surround sound! Jesus, my prince waltzing down the stairs and leading me onto the dance floor (think Beauty and the Beast- minus the Beast).

I am captured by the thought of spending an eternity with Him. I am homesick for the place I come from. For the One I love.

I long for heaven, yet while here on foreign soil, I must not forget who I am. He has called me by Name- I am His. Below is one of my favorite verses from Psalm 45, describing what it means to be a Princess for Him- the privilege and the responsibility.




Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear:
Forget your people and your father’s house. 

11The king is enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord. 

12The Daughter of Tyre will come with a gift,
men of wealth will seek your favor. 

13All glorious is the princess within [her chamber];
her gown is interwoven with gold. 

14In embroidered garments she is led to the king;
her virgin companions follow her
and are brought to you. 

15They are led in with joy and gladness;
they enter the palace of the king. 

16Your sons will take the place of your fathers;
you will make them princes throughout the land. 

17I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

This psalm, although originally sung by King David for a wedding, captures so beautifully the privilege and wonder of being called a daughter of the Most High: A Princess of the Kingdom of Eternity.

As a Princess of God's Kingdom you are:
- Loved
- Cherished
- Accepted
- Adored
- Protected
- Empowered
- Adopted
- Clothed
- Called
- Wanted

As His Daughter you receive Divine:
- Identity
- Protection
- Assistance 
- Wealth
- Honor
- Favor
- Grace
- Fruitfulness
- Blessings
- Respect

You are marked with His Royal seal. You are chosen by Him.
He has held out His scepter towards you. #You are Accepted.

So, when you find yourself struggling to breathe in this atmosphere, blinded by the pressures of this foreign world, remember- this is not your natural habitat. You are born of God, Created for Destiny and Life in the Spirit. Called to the Higher Life, in the world and not of it. [Romans 12:2]

You are redeemed. You are royalty. You are His. 

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." [1 Peter 2:9] NIV






Till then...

Keep Becoming His Best

© 2012 Allison Pillay



 



No comments:

Post a Comment